Chicken Tortilla Soup
A yummy take on chicken tortilla soup. Bake some cheese in the oven and use them as “tortillas.”
TOTAL TIME: 45 mins
Chicken - 3 oz - shredded
Cheese - 2 tablespoons
Olive Oil - 1 tablespoon
Smoked Paprika - 1 teaspoon
Chicken Broth - 1 cup
Onion - 1 ½ tablespoons
Carrot - 1 ½ tablespoons
Celery - 1 ½ tablespoons
Tomato Paste - 1 tablespoon
Avocado - ¾ medium avocado
Sour Cream - 1 tablespoon
Scallion - garnish
- Place olive oil, onion, carrot, celery in saucepot.
- Turn to medium-low heat, cover. Let cook on low for 10 minutes.
- Add tomato paste, smoked paprika. Let cook on low for 5 minutes.
- Add broth and chicken. Let cook for 10 mins.
- Salt/pepper to taste. Garnish with scallions.
- Serve with avocado and cheese crackers/sour cream.
Sweating is used to add deep flavor to soups and sauces. It is especially useful when using ingredients like onions or garlic.
Sweating refers to cooking vegetables in a small amount of oil at a very low heat to pull out flavor. The key to sweating vegetables is low/slow heat. Try to avoid any browning/color on the vegetables. Think of it like steeping tea.
Buy a rotisserie chicken at your supermarket.
*Any comments on our blog or websites relating to weight loss results may or may not be typical and your results will vary depending on your diet and exercise habits.
***Always consult a professional before making any significant changes to your health.